North Jeolla Province (Its mountaineous location and many historical sites make it a popular hiking destination as well. The city also has a zoo, a large park, and the Samsung Sound and Culture Hall, a large, modern concert complex on the Chonbuk National University Campus.
- Jeonju is famous for bibimbap (비빔밥), a traditional rice dish with vegetables and hot chilli sauce.
- Jeonju is divided into 2 wards, Deonkjin-gu (덕진구) and Wansan-gu (완산구), which in turn are divided into approximately 40 neighborhoods.
- The National Jeonju Museum exhibits ancient relics from the Three Kingdoms Period (57 BC - 668 AD).
- There are many other museums, as well as temples, a castle fortress on a hillside, and a well-known paper gallery.
- The annual paper fashion show is famous throughout Asia. It features both couture and traditional Korean clothing made of paper.
- The Jeonju Hanok Maeul ( is a traditional-style village located in the heart of Jeonju, housing over 800 traditional "hanok" style buildings. It contains many traditional tea shops, souvenir shops, and restaurants.
- Jeonju is famous for strawberries and exceptional produce.
- The Jeonju International Film Festival draws about 50,000 visitors annually.